Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surveys, Building vs. Homebuyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveys, Building vs. Homebuyers

Hello, I'm a first-time buyer, and have had an offer accepted for a first-floor flat of a Victorian property. I have requested a structural survey to be carried out alongside the valuation (via the mortgage lender), and have just been contacted by the survey undertakers advising me against getting a structural survey and instead going for a homebuyer's survey.

They recommend that for flats, since they will only have access to the first floor, and a building survey would have more exclusions than anything else. They say in this case I would get pretty much the same thing.

Is that true and they're just being honest with me, or should I insist on a structural survey? Any help greatly appreciated!
Working...
X