Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build

Hi - just looking some advice..

I bought a new build in 2006 and paid 10% deposit. The property was due for completion in 2008.
    The house is still not ready - and there are no signs of when it will be!

Legally - how long does a builder have to keep you to your contract? Or can I ask for my deposit back after a certain period of time has passed?

thanks

Re: New build

This sounds like a blatant breach of contract on the part of the builder. If you can argue the breach is "fundamental" to the contract, which it sounds like it could be given how long overdue the property is, you are entitled to your deposit back. Best to consult a solicitor on this, who will be able to analyse the situation in detail - sounds like you have a good case for at least a reduction in the final price to be paid if not a return of the deposit.

Comment

Working...
    X