Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this concern you???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this concern you???

Hello,

I am looking at a house that has a electricity substation two properties away at the end of a 90ft garden.

I had an EDF engineer out to take some readings in the house I am going to buy and at the closest point to the substation (end of the garden) they are way below average. About a third.

Having a look at a survey though shows the high voltage cables running down the side of the house two doors away. They then go across the street.

The only cables on the property I am looking at are low voltage ones.

Picture attached. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Would this concern you???

What are your particular concerns? Is it EM radiation or maintenance issues?

Comment

Brian,

Maintenance isn't much of a concern.

Mostly perception when it comes to resale. As I said the readings were quite low, however 'EM fields and health' is still an ongoing public debate.

The EDF engineer, who took the readings, said his reader wouldn't pick up the HV cables, only the LV, which is another concern and is confusing to say the least... I am doing some digging on that to see what truth there is in it.

cheers.

Comment

Hi

I think that electricity substations can only be described as 'eyesores' and would personally be put off by its close proximity to the house. However, your diagram shows woodland, do the trees obscure the view of the ES at all?

You are also quite right to consider the potential/alleged health issues about living so close to one.

All that being said, it obviously didn't put off the people who already live there!

Kaz

Comment

Working...
        X