Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House viewed with two different agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House viewed with two different agents

Hi all,

Tried googling this question but to no avail so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Bit of a long story but essentially I've ended up viewing a house through two different agents and now would like to make an offer.

Question is whom should I make an offer through?

Do I have the right to choose?
    Am I obliged to offer through whomever showed me the property first?
    Can the other agent sue me for their commission should the sale go through?

Thanks,
    Dan.

Re: House viewed with two different agents

If you're the buyer, you shouldn't be the one paying any commission or similar - it's the seller who pays the estate agency fees, etc.

Did you mean you're actually a buyer using two agencies?

Comment

If the seller has joint agents, and you've viewed the property via one then the other, then make your offer to whichever is most convenient for you. It's up to the seller and his agents to decide who gets paid what.

If one feels slighted and makes a claim, they make it to the other agent, not to you.

It's up to you if you want to tell both agents you're making an offer, and point out that you had to pick one of them.....

As Brian says, we're assuming you're not using a Buyer's Agent.

Comment

Thanks Brian and Googler you've both answered my questions and concerns.

Guess I was being overly paranoid.

Thanks again!
        Dan.

Comment

be clever and find the best offer they are willing to take!
          Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
          Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

Working...
          X