Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private house-swap between family members???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private house-swap between family members???

Hi.

My girlfriend and I plan to swap our small house with that of her mother's. We both have outstanding mortgages.

Therefore, how do we go about this, please? My plan was to have both houses valued (at an estimate ours is worth £95000 and her mother's £115000.) Then have the houses both checked to be structurarly sound etc. as her mother's needs a lot doing to it. Then just have the solicitors do whatever they do.

Sure it's not that simple and a friend of mine whom is a mortgage broker advised that it be best we literally just swap houses but keep our names on the mortgages etc? Doesn't seem right to me, so any help greatly appreciated, please?

Thank-you in advance.
Working...
X