Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time. Confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time. Confused.

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so i apologise if i've put it in the wrong section.

A bit of background on me, im 21 years old and a trainee Architect. I have 12 thousand pounds cash to invest and i want to begin property developing. I am currently only on £11000 p/a.

In your opinion is it possible for me to secure a high percentage mortgage on a house while renovating or am i going to struggle?

I know i could ring around and find this out but i hate having no idea

Thanks in Advance

Adam

Re: First Time. Confused.

You are going to struggle due to your income. If you are looking on purchasing a run down place for appox £50k it could work, but even at higher incomes you are unlikely to get more than 5 times your income, and that will be unlikely at your income level.

I just played around with an affordability calculator and the max loan, assuming a good credit history and no other debts (student loans ignored) for an income of £11k, came to £53k. There is no guarantee this would be available to you, but is probably around the most that would be feasible. Do remember that when you purchase a property there are up front costs as well that may eat into your deposit ie solicitors fees, valuation fees etc.

Comment

Re: First Time. Confused.

It might be possible to purchase a small BTL property baed on Income There are lenders who will accept a minimum income of £10k You would however require a 25% Deposit

John

Comment

Working...
      X