Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My buyer wants money off to pay their rent....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My buyer wants money off to pay their rent....

Can anyone advise?

I agreed my sale on 14th August, 10 weeks tomorrow.
    I am at the point of exchange, expecting to complete in 2 weeks.
    Today my buyer has requested I reduce the price by £1500 due to irreversible fees incurred by them due to the length of the sale. It turns out that this is for rent and sundries???? They state if I do not agree they will pull out.

I feel like I am being blackmailed,

Are they being reasonable, as I think not??

Without knowing your buyer and their circumstances, I would hazard a guess that they are trying it on. It is very unreasonable to expect you to cover their costs only 2 weeks from the completion date!

They will have already paid for a survey and incurred solicitors fees up to this point, so I'm guessing that they have a lot to lose pulling out now. Who knows whether they are bluffing or not.....but personally, I would definately hold out and not give in to their demands.
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Sorry, but these fees never formed any part of the agreement. Therefore there's no reason to consider them unless you feel your property will not get another potential buyer, or that any future asking price will be significantly lower.

"Trying it on" is probably a good description.

Comment

Most definitely trying it on! Gazundering you! Don't fall for it if you can afford it!
        Independent Whole of Market Broker
        Property Finder
        No Fees Estate Agency
        Rapidpeedhomesales.com

Comment

Working...
        X