Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can shared ownership be worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can shared ownership be worth it?

Right so, as of last month I have been told that I have to move out of the property within weeks. No reason other than the Land Lord is a bit of a sort and doesn't like me much. I pay rent on time and no issues with neighbours etc. Living in London is tough however as my monthly rent is around £1000 a month (which is more than ridiculous) I can't really afford to be paying more than that at the minute. I'm trying so hard to save for the future and a house. I have looked more and more into the opportunities of shared ownership and had chats with friends whop have gone through similar situations. They agree shared ownership housing is a good and solid move as it means I can spend a percentage on a house and rent a lot cheaper for a really nice house in greater London. Friends have even recommended numerous places to look, but after finding more and more on this ever growing solution to the housing market. There is one place that sticks out to me and that is a website called https://propertybooking.co.uk it is a website dedicated to shared ownership. It is a ll quite interesting how it all works and how it can actually benefit people. Saving for months has given me a chance to actually own my own house through this. I just would like to have other peoples opinion on this, so please let me know.
Working...
X