Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling is intentionally stalling exchange of contracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling is intentionally stalling exchange of contracts

Hi all, where to start...

Me and my partner had an offered accepted back in February, things have been running quite smoothly up until now.

The sellers are a couple who have been split up for a year, the women does not live there anymore or pay anything towards mortgage payments. So as you can imagine the fella is quite keen get move out and cut ties with her.

we have had various problems from leasehold information pack, property info pack etc. But we have been very patient and have managed to get all this done.

Now, I had an email from my solicitor yesterday confirming all is well and was going to propose completion by end of this week. Fantastic!

later that day we received an email from my solicitor saying that they still await signed contract from sellers and advanced ID checks and can’t set a date until these are complete.

I was fuming so I called the seller (who funny enough I know personally) and said what the hell is going on?!

it turns out that his ex missues who has went on holiday on Friday for 2 and a half weeks! Refused to do what she had to do before she left, so the fella has shown me text from her saying ‘tell them the 28th June, they would be stupid to pull out now’

I have never been so raging in all my life, I almost feel like pulling out just out of principle. But my partner is 36 weeks pregnant... and she is so upset. If we move in when this girl wants us to, my partner will only be a week away from giving birth!

she knows our situation as well! How can someone do this?!

she is literally just doing it to dig her heels in and be spiteful towards her ex... it is complete madness.

I am so desperate to get in there and get all ready for the baby but she is just playing games now.

is there anything I can do to do to push this through without her?
Working...
X