Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homebuyer survey mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homebuyer survey mistakes

Hi there. I've just got a Homebuyers report and I know at least one thing is wrong with it. It claims that the glass in the internal doors needs to be checked because it's not safety glass (which is not really a big deal as I have no pets or children) but I know there are no internal doors with glass - they are all solid wood. This is making me wonder if it's a 'cut and paste' job and if there are other mistakes. I appreciate the surveyor probably has stock phrases to save typing out the same thing over and over again but is it typical for mistakes like this to appear on reports?

I'm new to this forum, but I"m surprised that it seems nobody has replied to this. So here's a reply, even though I haven't any great experience in this matter! I agree, I have always suspected that surveyors have standard reports that they amend as necessary. Inevitably they will miss some amendments from time to time. It does look like carelessness. I would contact the surveyor and ask him about it, and ask for his assurance that everything else in the report is specific to your house. After all you have paid him/her good money for the report.

Comment

Working...
    X