Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what no en-suite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what no en-suite

Hi, I can't make my mind up regarding buying a 1960's 4-bed house, detached with 4th bedroom downstairs.
    It is set in beautiful grounds all-round, but the house has a flat room extension for lounge, no En-suite, and no kitchen diner.
    The house is mint though, but I feel im paying for the surroundings and not the house.
    The question is I suppose, how important is an en-suite and kitchen diner?

odchamp

Only you can make your own mind up about it.

Comment

Location, Location, Location

Comment

Price the changes that you're after, see if it all still makes sense with those costs added in.

Comment

Thanks for your words.

Comment

Originally posted by odchamp View Post
            The question is I suppose, how important is an en-suite and kitchen diner?
            Not very - these tend to be features more of newer build properties from what I've seen.

I wouldn't expect an en suite bathroom in a typical 1960's house.

Comment

Thanks Brian, that's what I was wondering, as the couple in it now have lived there 30 years brought up 2 kids and looked puzzled when I mentioned en-suite, utility rooms etc, they had not even thought about it, I do think it is a new build policy to try and take your mind off the fact you have no garden and are overlooked from every angle, but is it what modern young families expect when spending good money?
              Who knows?

Comment

Yes, it is something of a trade off - en-suite and utility room, in return for little land, thin walls, and a timber frame building with bricks around it.

Would much rather a home built in the days when they were expected to last.

Comment

looks like i might be buying it now, as 15% has come off the price, which is very near to my bid.
                  Your right about the solid walls, and build quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X