Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying taking far too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brian
    replied
    When you transferred the money, had you already signed a contract to purchase the property? If so, does it not provide a moving in date?

Leave a comment:

• MackenzieJan
    started a topic Buying taking far too long

Buying taking far too long

Having rented for many years we decided to buy if possible for a home that would be our "forever" home after feeling insecure for our retirement in rented property that is not council or housing association owned.

We found a small bungalow that had been on the market for over a year and needs a lot of work to bring it up to modern expectations. Put an offer in and it was accepted and we got so excited since there was no chain and so should be a quick deal since the property had been empty for ages.

Company in London selling the place and they had taken it as one of those Equity Release schemes. They have messed up on loads of occasions and held off completing and made all manner of excuses and six months on we have still not completed and I am heartbroken.

The money was even transferred to their Solicitor last Friday and still not got confirmation that it is ours. It seems that a forever home may never happen to me and at 60 I can do without all this. Anyone else had this sort of thing from such noggins?

Jan
Working...
X