Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

First time buy a special house need help.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First time buy a special house need help.


    I am going to buy a property in Liverpool, UK. This is a repossession house sold by Mortgage lender. The internal items (walls, windows, shower and toilet...) are badly damaged (maybe by the persons live in before and lost the house get angry). The roof looks like Ok and no any leaking marks on the wall. I viewed the house once weeks ago. Now try to put a offer.

    I will buy it by cash.


    1. I asked the agents for a HIP (Home Information pack), they said there is not HIP for this property. What can I do? Is it illegal to sell a property without a HIP?

    2. I asked for a land register document for the freehold. The agents said "As I know this property is a freehold" but there is no confirmed. What can I do. I can check it by myself on Land register website, I do not know if it is OK?

    3. The estate agent looks like not very bad, member of OFT and Ombudsman. It selling many other properties in Liverpool too. But he just do not have HIP and other document for this property. I do not know why, maybe because the house is in bad condition?

    4. How could I find any problems (such as; money owed to council, electricity company, water company, telephone company...) regard to this house? If there are some money owed by people live there before, the problem will carry on to me if I bought it?

    5. If the seller accept my offer, do I have to get lawyer? I live far away from Liverpool, if I have to find a lawyer, which place is the best, lawyer in Liverpool (near the property) or a lawyer near me? How much usually cost to hire a property lawyer? What is best way to find a good lawyer?

    6. Do I need a surveyor before buy? as this house is badly damaged internally, the report must be very bad, so there is no point to hire them?

    7. Finally do I missing some other important check points before buying this special house?

    I buy this house is for myself live in, not investment. (maybe part let out).

    thanks very much in advance.

  • #2
    get the solicitor to check it