Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New property-first time buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New property-first time buyer

I have found a new property which I quite like, and when visiting today to have a look the agent mentioned that the show home is up for sale for £200,000 with appliances, carpets, curtains etc (excluding anything which can be removed). Now the non-show home version is/and has been on the market for 174,000 for about a year now and there are a number of empty ones available. The show home is for sale because they have changed the layout of property and this is the last of two in this style.

Now my question is that if I were to buy the show home, during valuation by the bank would they included the extras which the developer is including? Or would I be better off buying a tabla Raza so to speak? Mind you from the showhome I would only want the appliances as they are integrated but the curtains etc can all go...£260000 is alot of difference..and knowing that a property is worth what one is willing to pay, would I be far too cheeky to offer £160000 for this property as it is their older style?

Doesn't sound cheeky at all - developers are generally desperate to sell, and if they already aren't, then it's worth submitting a price that cuts their profits.

Comment

be aware new build is harder for finance

Comment

No, it's only a bit less than the non show-home, you might expect to pay about 10000 less anyway

Comment

Working...
        X