Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Various Mortgage Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Mortgage Questions

Hi

I recently took out a 5yr fixed rate mtg at 5.28% and i have a few questions im hoping someone might be able to advise on. I borrowed £61,995. Now wondering if i made the right choice (i liked the idea of knowing exactly what im paying!)

1.Thinking ahead; So i can understand in 5yrs whether i made the right choice! (this might help for any future decisions i make) can anyone advise on the current tracker rates. If i recall the tracker value came out at about £320. (Can’t remember the rate) and the 5.28% fixed rate i am on is just over £372.60. So £50 per month over the 5yr term is £3000 – i may be able to work out the difference!

How much might it then cost more if the base rate rose to 1%.

2.Regarding my 5.28% rate; What exactly is the 5.28% a percentage of? It must of course be 5.3% of the mtg amount (£61,995)! But can anyone clarify exactly what part of it i am paying off and how that relates to the £372.60 payments.

3. Can you do part/part mtgs i.e. could you do fixed on £30k, and variable on £30k?

All advice appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X