Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding information on land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• googler
    replied
    The local council will be able to tell you if it's in green belt. The local council planning dept will also be able to tell you which parts of the county are zoned for housing, industry, farming etc.

If, as it seems, the land is currently zoned for farm use only, then without a change to the local plan (which designates the zoning) then you won't be able to get planning consent for a change of use (from farming to residential).

Leave a comment:

• jayc1989
    started a topic Finding information on land

Finding information on land

Hi all, newbie here Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so apologies if its not.

I am looking to buy a plot of land which is 1.8 acres large. However there is no current planning permission and it is described as providing "good sheltered pony grazing" so is likely permission would not be granted in the short term, but I am looking at this as a long term investment.

What I would like to know is, is there a way of finding out whether or not the land should experience any problems gaining permission a few years down the line e.g. green belt etc, etc.

Thanks, Jamie
Working...
X