Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hip help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip help

Can anybody help with what to do when a HIPS is not supplied? In the process of buying a bungalow and solicitor has just advised there is no HIPS as property was originally put on market before the new regulations came in to force. On the Estate Agent details for the property it showed the Energy Efficiency Rating and Enviromental Impact - I thought that this was part of the HIPS. Have I got my facts messed up?!

Yes it is part of the HIP - but not all of it. If the house was genuinely on the market prior to HIP impln date, there's not a lot to do if the sellers don't have one, as they're not required to.

Comment

Even if you don't need a HIP you effectively do need an EPC for a property on the market.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
      X