Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Council Tax Band Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Council Tax Band Appeal

Hi

I have just bought my first property and have been investigating the council tax rates and came across the following information on one of the council sites which states:

" You may appeal about your banding if -you believe that your property's value has altered enough to merit an alteration in band, e.g. as a result of a change in the physical state of the area or the demolition/conversion of part of the property. "

I wondered - considering everyones property prices have has a decline recently, would it be worth a go!?

NB: I line in Swindon not Taunton - but essentially you are able to appeal in whatever area of course.

Thanks Chris

I think you may find a lot of the council bands were originally set up pre-boom years - so the danger is that your home may be in a lower tax band! Might be worth trying to check that out first.

Comment

yes, brian correct. my property value gone down 50K from last year. I think i should try this too.
      Clerkenwell Property | London Property

Comment

Working...
      X