Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice about buying in London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice about buying in London

Hi,
    I am looking for a piece of advice about buying a property in London.
    I have been living in London for almost 3 years (I am from Italy) and I think I will be here for another while, don't know how long exactly though.
    I have inherited some money and I am seriously thinking about buying a place here in London.
    I think a flat in London would always be a good investment as, even if I leave one day, I might be able to let it.
    Of couse for me it would be a big step so I am just looking for some spare thoughts you might have about the topic...
    Thank you for your time

Ultimately it's all about your aims and aspirations - a purchase may be a good idea - then again it may not be. It depends on your personal strategy.

Also, there are a lot of barriers to ownership at present, not least if you need a significant mortgage.

Question is, what do you want, and what can you realistically get?

Comment

I agree look at your long term goals. If I were you and I was going to be over here for say more than 5 years then I might think about buying a property here then selling up when I move back to Italy and then re-investing there. But that's just me other people may have better advice.
      Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

Working...
      X