Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many properties for £...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many properties for £...

I'm 25 I'm looking to buy my first BTL and I have an existing mortgage of £65000. I want to buy a property valued £85,000 and I have funds of £50,000 for this but want to use this to buy more than one property. I earn £22,000. How many properties can I buy?
    Thanks
    Dyer

Well, a few possibilities here.

Assuming you buy properties all aourd the same price, you will need a 25% deposit per property, ie £21,250 on £85k purchase price. But you will also need cash for associated fees, eg valuation, solicitors etc

So I would say a maximum of 2. However, there may be a possibility of raising extra funds through your main home to allow you to buy more.

Be aware that the rent will need to cover the interest only mortgage payments by x%, X varying between lenders, but at least 125% is preferable.

Speak to an independent mortgage broker if you want specific advice, as they without looking at your whole situation the above is just a rough guide.
    Independent Mortgage Advisor, expert in residential, buy to let, holiday let, and refinance mortgages

Comment

Working...
    X