Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA buyers urgently looking for UK commercial and industrial properties!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SA buyers urgently looking for UK commercial and industrial properties!

I have several South African buyers wanting UK Commercial/Industrial properties falling within the following parameters:
    • Typical lot size between £3 mil and £10 mil, although bigger can be considered depending on proposition
    • Locations considered are country-wide
    • Purchase on yield, therefore the NIY (Nett Initial Yield) should ensure a cashflow positive deal
    • NIY dependant on property sector and location, although higher yields upwards of 7.5% are ideal.
    • An up-side in the property is always a strong deciding factor. (EG. The lease might be short, but the tenant will most likely renew at a potentially higher rental.)
    • Covenant strength is important. (The "covenant" refers to the stability and strength of the tenant, which untimately determines the degree of risk of vacancy)
    • The remaining lease term is important. Ideally longer than 10 years, without a Break Option.
    To start with, they'd prefer to limit the risk and get going with something that has a secure cashflow for years to come.

Are there any such sellers out there?

Brokers are also very welcome to contact me.

Question is, why are these SA investors unable to go through normal channels? How difficult is it to find commercial property online in the UK?

Comment

Agree it's not difficult at all, but it is my duty as buyer's representative to exhaust all channels possible, secondly in some cases, many of the most prime opportunities don't appear via the 'normal channels'.

Comment

Working...
      X