Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Seller pulled out at last minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Seller pulled out at last minute

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give me any advice here...
    Myself and my parents were due to buy a house (they are buying and I am renting off them as no chance of getting on the property ladder myself!)
    So we found a house, made and offer, was accepted etc
    The contacts have been signed, HIPS/fittings and fixtures lists received deposits payed...more money spent on soliciters fees, have had regular contact with the vendor and all seemed to be going very well untill I get a call this morning from the estate agent saying the vendor can no longer sell due to 'personal circumstances'. I am furious, we had a completion date for 3 weeks time, I actually feel like going and hammering on their door and punching someone...but anyway...
    Do we have any legal rights in this situation...to claim money back that we have spent on fees etc?
    Any advice much apprecaited, this is a nightmare!!!
    Thanks
    Eve

If you have signed and exchanged the contracts, then speak to your solicitor. As far as I understand, if they pull out after contracts have been exchanged, then they should be liable for all your expenses.
    Community spirited? http://www.AshfieldFOCUS.com

Comment

Working...
    X