Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale agreed but getting no further

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sale agreed but getting no further

    My partner and I have put an offer in for a house (scotland) we offered the fixed price and our offer was accepted. This was almost a month ago and we still have nothing in writing. The couple we are buying from are going through a divorce and we have been told we cant have anything in writing until they sort out a financial agreement between themselves, the last contact we have had from them was 2 wks ago and we are no further on and do not know whats happening. we are stuck in limbo and unable to move on. Does anybody have any idea where we stand or what to do in this case to help move the process on. Should we wait and proceed or just cut our loses? Help!

  • #2
    I would say it is entirely possible some form of legal stuff is holding them up, combined with the stress of a divorce proceeding I can imagine them easily forgetting to follow up on stuff. That being said if they want to sell the house they should be keeping you informed.

    I would try contacting them directly and through solicitors and if you still don't get a responce then cut your losses, have you actually paid anything out yet?
    Why not check out my property investing blog or get advice from some property investment experts?

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree ... divorce situation is making tihngs more complex. Have you tried to speak with the owners direct?

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the replies.

        We've been told not to contact directly so we haven't spoken to them. Paid out for survey and have mortgage in place and ready to sign as sale was agreed and our lawyer told us to set up our mortgage. Other than that no other costs.

        Comment


        • #5
          I know that the whole conveyancing process is different in Scotland to the one in England and Wales but I'm just wondering whether your mortgage offer is for a certain period of time after which you'd have to apply again?

          Also, who knows how long it will take the couple to agree a financial settlement, it could be weeks or even months!

          Personally, I wouldn't want to be caught up in that process and would look for something else but it depends a lot on how much you want their particular house.

          Have you asked your solicitor for his/her opinion?

          Comment


          • #6
            Its four months until the mortgage offer runs out, fingers crossed it wont take that long.

            The couple still have not came to a financial agreement but have sent the lawyer the land registery etc to do check with a letter from their lawyer saying they hope to be in the position soon to issue a written acceptance. So fingers crossed it will start moving along now, we shall see if not then i guess it'll be back to square one for us!

            Comment

            Working...
            X