Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just starting to get an idea - first time buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting to get an idea - first time buyer

Hello

I live with my partner, with her parents and we're very lucky to live rent free at the moment. We have saved a deposit of £9000 and are continuously trying to put everything that we can away. I'm due to start work (after uni) in May/June time, I'll be on about £24K, my partner only earns about £150 per month due to still earning her qualifications (she wont be finished for another couple of years either). We were hoping to buy a house in the next year (by next year we're hoping to have saved around 18-20K). Is this even feasible to buy a house in the next year? In our area you can get a 2-3 bedroom house for 110K. We're really not keen on renting as it would probably have to be a house due to the animals we have. Any advice would be much appreciated.

For sure it is, given your savings and income there is no reason why in the next year you couldnt get a mortgage and find the right property should you decide to take the next step
    Free UK Property Investment Seminar

Comment

Working...
    X