Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Inspections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Inspections

So when you bought your home did you get one of these done. I ask this because my friend is buying their first home and have chose to get one. I personally think that it only protects you in the end. How do you all feel about this? Would you buy a house without getting one?

Absolutely not. And most mortgage companies demand you have one. There's no other way, unless you're a pro, to learn about possible problems with a house. Things like settling, wiring, etc. It is the best money spent during the process!

Comment

I do agree with you on this 100%. I didn't know that mortgage company required it though. I thought you could sign something stating you didn't want one. I would never do that though even if you could.

Comment

Inspection

I think that it is the only way to go. It saves you alot of money in the end. There are so many hidden things that you can't see when looking at a house. A house inspecter can find these and let you know before you buy.

Comment

I worry about things like structural issues along with dry rot mostly. Even though I've bought and sold a few homes, I still wouldn't trust my own knowledge because you get passionate about liking a house and sometimes overlook the negatives. A good inspector can snap you right out of that! LOL

Comment

Working...
          X