Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

What attracts you to your next new home?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What attracts you to your next new home?

Is it all about location location location or are we looking for more in our next home?

New homes are offering smaller rooms with more bedrooms and smaller gardens with garages in them and a majority of them have absolutely no charactor!

So why do we buy them and why don't they offer energy saving ideas as standard for heating, water and lighting?
    What would your ideal home be?

Good question. I'm a sucker for character. I like the charm of the old world home...hard wood floors, generous wood trim, real materials and nothing plastic.

Because I have a family with two young sons it is really all about the neighborhood and the school system right now. Other things are involved in my decision but those are the maid two.

Next home

My next home I would like large rooms and a open floor plan. I hate being in my kitchen and feeling blocked off from everyone. I like when it is open and you can talk to people while you cook.

You know I have seen alot of house that have an open floor plan. I can remember when people didn't like open floor plans. I love the idea of them myself it also makes the whole area feel bigger.

Definently where if I can go to a new job, is my new job easier to drive to or commute to, where is this home located, what is the environment like, what is the nieghborhood like, what is the weather like, etc..

It is accessibility for me; accessibility to school, market, recreation area, transportation, offices. The next will be the place, i want a garage and a small garden and a rooftop where we can spend some nightsleep when the family feels like looking through the stars at night.