Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lease extention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease extention

Hi there,

Someone please help me on this!

I am on process of buying a 2 bed flat with 72 years lease. According to the landloard freeholder (Company) Informed him that roof will be replaced in less than 2 years time it will cost 20,000 per flat.

I intend to extend the lease while I'm buying the flat.

Will it possible and is it possible the increase my morgage for the extention?

Many thanks.

In the present market you should not be buying the flat without:

1. The seller arranging and paying for the lease extension for you; and
    2. The price being reduced to take into account the likely cost of the roof repairs.

If the seller won't agree this, buy something else. There are plenty of flats on the market!
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Need your help please

Thank you very much for your advice.

22.000 has been reduced from the selling price for the roof repair and to extend the lease.

But he is not willing to extend it for me. He wants me to get it done by myself.

Will it be possible to do it while transfering?

How long will it take.

Many thanks.

Withanage

Comment

Working...
      X