Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying from a guaranteed purchase company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from a guaranteed purchase company

Hi there

Has anyone ever had any experience of buying a property from a guranteed purchase company. I am currently trying to negotiate a purchase and they are being very diffilcult.

They are insisting we sign a contract to agree to exchange and completion dates of 6 weeks time. If I don't they won't sell the property to us. They also want a fee of a £1000 to take the property off the market (which is a downpayment on the rest of the property). If we miss the deadlines they take the £1000, and if we don't pay the £1000 and miss the deadline they 'reserve the right to increase the price of the house'.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this sort of thing who could offer some advice?

Thanks

Sounds like a problem - personal recommendation is not to sign anything with them as they sound pushy.

If you need to sell your house fast for cash, try one of the reputable companies such as MPG Investments or National Home Buyers.

2c.

Comment

Working...
    X