Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nhbc

    I wonder if anyone can give me some info regarding the nhbc certificate? I bought my house a couple of years ago, its now 4 years old with the nhbc certificate, I have noticed that the rear of the house has obviously moved, the rear window surrounds have large gaps in the them and the staircase has started to come away from the landing.

    Does anyone know how do I go about claiming for this? Do I contact them and they send someone to have a look or do I get somebody in myself?

    Any help is much appreciated.


  • #2
    Here's a guide on NHBC I hope you find useful:

    The NHBC guarantee only covers structural issues after 2 years, but it sounds like you may have an issue there.

    It would be recommended to contact the builder first via their customer care department, and contact NHBC if you get no joy from them.

    Best of luck with this.


    • #3
      Thanks for that, I will contact them this week