Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What areas are you looking at for your investments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What areas are you looking at for your investments?

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Hi, [/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']With all the scare mongering in the papers about the credit crunch and banks offering less appealing mortgages, I was curiuos as to where people have got their eyes on for investment? I have heard that Egypt is quite hot at the moment, would you agree? Or do you see some idea BTL opportunities in the UK?[/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Look forward to some needed help![/FONT]

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Thanks[/FONT]
    www.colourcapital.com/property-investment-blog

Investing In Property Period

Hi Bradley,

It would appear from your post that you may not have much experience in the property markets as an investor or other.

From the limited experience that I have I would suggest that you seek to increase your personal knowledge of any location of any property that takess your eye, begin there and research with the view to turning a profit, if it cannot be done in that area then move on to the next property and location.

I suggest this as my experience tells me that there is no such thing as a hot spot, and for those areas that are dubbed with this unfortunate title, you'll find that by the time you or I hear about them they are luke warm and heading very much toward freezing.

Your own knowledge is the best guide to a hot spot if there is such a thing.

Comment

I have a long term view that overseas property is goiing to become more and more of a liability as fuel prices force airline fares through the roof. In ten years time I would predict that the cost of an airfare will be so expensive that most families will holiday at home or within driving/ferry/chunnel distance of the UK.

The days of £50 fares to spain will be well and truely over - think £500 a person ( or £900 a person ) and the viability of renting / buying overseas becomes very very bleak.

Just my view though...

Comment

I think Scotland is a good investment. Property is on average cheaper over there.

Comment

That's because of all the council houses, as much as anything.

Comment

Originally posted by denis View Post
            I have a long term view that overseas property is goiing to become more and more of a liability as fuel prices force airline fares through the roof. In ten years time I would predict that the cost of an airfare will be so expensive that most families will holiday at home or within driving/ferry/chunnel distance of the UK.

The days of £50 fares to spain will be well and truely over - think £500 a person ( or £900 a person ) and the viability of renting / buying overseas becomes very very bleak.

Just my view though...
            I was reading the other day (can not remember where) that some of the routes that have driven property prices up are no longer viable at all and are going to be cut totally.

It's a long drive to Bulgaria

Dave

Comment

Anywhere in an hours drive of london is normally a sound bet
              www.rpbrelocation.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X