Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right finally in the process of buying a leasehold flat, could do with a bit of advic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right finally in the process of buying a leasehold flat, could do with a bit of advic

We really want to have cats, originally the vendor told us this was fine but when the solicitor was going through the lease one of the clauses was not to have animals that would cause annoyance i.e caged birds, dogs. I was quite upset by this as i really want pets, these flats were built in the 70's and the lease is old and also says you are not alowd a television! Is anyone in this situation and think it would be ok to get cats??

I think you're best to go on the advise of your solicitor - I think the main point of these conditions is to ensure no undue disturbance to neighbours, but your solicitor should hopefully be able to advise on whether you could expect legal action as a consequence of this.

Comment

Working...
    X