Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaseholds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaseholds

Okay, so another probably stupid question...I think I get what leaseholds ARE, but who owns the things, and who owns the actual house? And does that mean if you buy a leasehold (jumbo shrimp!), can you develop the land at all, like add on or such?

Soooooo confused....

It's a type of ownership in that you can declare a leasehold as an asset if you're applying for credit, etc. I think whether you make improvements would depend on the length of the leasehold ...if it's for 99 years, and you want to flip it, why not?

Comment

So you retain all rights to the ownership of the house for the time of the lease, but any improvements or money put into the house in any form is relinquished when the lease ends, yes?

Comment

Wow sounds really confusing!
        Does anyone have any good links for more information on this topic as id like to get a little more clued up?

Comment

Working...
        X