Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a New Build - Advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a New Build - Advice?

Hi everyone - 1st time poster here.

My partner and I have seen a new build house and we are both in love with it. The one slight snag, is that is advertised at 230k - and our budget is around the 200k mark.

The development in question was finished about 6-8 months ago, and there are only about 12 houses left for sale out of approx 80. Because of this, i think there is opportunity to pick up a bit of a bargain! I am thinking of going in with an offer of 200k - but concerned this may get refused straight away as it is so low.

I have no experience at all with buying new build homes, so hoping someone here can give a bit of advice on how to 'play the game' and what strategy to take.

Also, the company in question are Crest Nicholson, and have read on he internet negative comments about them. I was wandering if anyone here has had any dealing with them, if so have they had any problems?

It may be worth having a chat with an estate agent about the state of the local property market - if things have slowed badly, then certainly there's a potential reduction in price to be had.

However, the negotiation process usually starts from a lower position than you can reach - if you go in with a low offer and it's rejected, you have no further position to negotiate from.

2c.

Comment

Working...
    X