Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a fair offer be???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would a fair offer be???

Hi I'm a first-time buyer with no chains. I've recently viewed a house which at the minute looks like it's the one I'll most likely put an offer in for.

===A bit about the property

It's a 2 bed semi around 15 years old and is on an estate with a few other similar houses for sale between 140K - 147k

It's been on the market since September and just recently (end of December) dropped it's price from 149K to 145K.

======

My maximum budget is about 143k which to me doesn't sound bad as an offer in itself but as I said that's my max and would make it harder for me to fill the house with furniture etc. when I move in.

As I said earlier, I'm a first-time buyer so I'm a little wet behind the ears with all this property buying malarkey and when it comes to knowing how much less I can offer for a house, so I was wondering what kind of offer you guys would suggest?

Thanks for your help.

house prices

The advertised prices of homes do not always reflect the price paid, a quick search can tell you exactly what the local market is for property.

Try ww.ourproperty.co.uk , simply type in the postcode and you can find out what the real value is for recent sales.

If the seller is looking to move on to another property, they may well take an offer of £140K, clearly the location and local market will dictate.

Comment

Working...
    X