Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat or House?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat or House?

Which are you looking for?

Definitely a house.

If I were a batchelor, I probably wouldn't mind a trendy flat in a good location. However, as someone with a young family I just don;t see it as a practical solution - the kids need a garden to play in, and I feel a need for the privacy and space that your own home can offer.

Hm...maybe if my own business boomed and I found myself travelling a lot, I might certainly consider a flat somewhere near Glasgow or Edinburgh, that I could use before and after travelling, to make things easier.

Comment

I like the security offered by flats. One's with good security gates and such...I feel a lot safer. I just don't know if I can deal with neighbours in such close proximity.

Comment

For me it's usually a house these days because I love to be able to have the doors open in good weather and let the dogs roam in and out. The only flat type situation which might appeal to me right now is a converted steading situation. I might not mind that if it's rural enough and there's enough detachment from the neighbors.

Comment

For me a house. With all the additionally benefits you get with a house, I've actually found that flats or not necessarily cheaper than houses.

Comment

My only real issue with flats is the lack of garden. Balconies really don't cut it otherwise I'd probably choose a flat over a house.

Comment

Same here, Ninikins ...a garden is a must for me. Not only is gardening a part of my life, so are dogs so the bigger the garden the better. I lived in flats for a long time when I was working at a corporate job, and while I loved some of the places I lived, a house and space was the ultimate goal. I'm not going back!

Comment

I'd also want a flat with a good lift if I was ona higher floor. A good maintainance is important also. I don't mind paying for that.

Comment

My girlfriend used to live in a big block of flats in Salford when she was a student - and although there was security at the front entrance, she never had any confidence in them. Post went missing, and there were no cameras in the lifts. Plus if a car was broken into in the flats car park, the security would apparently do nothing about it. So an area to be careful of and not take for granted.

Comment

Just bought my first home here in the States! Nothing like owning a back yard and a individual house. I look at it as a nice investment.

Comment

i definitely go with having a house, but that's my long-term goal. i guess it's alright if i set myself on having my own flat first while i wait for the completion of my house. i definitely love having my own garden, backyard and lots of windows in my home. i even dream of having my own lanai so that one of my living rooms opens up to the outdoors.

Comment

It would have to be a house for me aswell, as I have a child and Im hoping on expanding my family!
                        Although a flat would be nice as theres less to clean hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by destiny_star2006 View Post
                          It would have to be a house for me aswell, as I have a child and Im hoping on expanding my family!
                          Although a flat would be nice as theres less to clean hehe!
                          lol. you're right about that, destiny star. that's one of the advantages of living in a flat.

Comment

Working...
                          X