Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to invest in property, where is best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to invest in property, where is best

I am looking to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property not use it for a holiday home, I have been looking at Dubai, Southern Cyprus.If anybody knows where the best places overseas to invest I would really appreciate some advice.

Thank you

Re: I want to invest in property, where is best

According to the article 'Expats warn Britons not to buy property in Spain' in the Telegraph, Spain is not the best place at the moment.

Comment

Have you thought about investing here in UK? If you do not want to use it as a holiday home why not go for Buy to Let. I would consider your own doorstep before going abroad, but hey that's just me
      Stewart Property Buyers

www.stewartpropertybuyers.co.uk

Comment

There are some bargains to be had in Southern Cyprus now with many Brits wanting to return to the Uk in their old age to be near family.
        With the stagnant market in the present economic climate properties are not selling easily so vendors are now dropping thier prices and even then many will accept offers well below the advertised price.
        Also some developers have slashed prices by as much as 50% to pay their bank loans off.

Comment

My personal feeling is that property prices across much of Europe have further to fall.

However, if you really want to have a good holiday home, best research would be done on the ground, ie, visiting these places and doing extensive research there.

Comment

IMHO Cyprus is not the best place for investment now. What about South of France?

Comment

Originally posted by DStewart View Post
              Have you thought about investing here in UK? If you do not want to use it as a holiday home why not go for Buy to Let. I would consider your own doorstep before going abroad, but hey that's just me
              You'll struggle to do better than a 5% return in the UK. Some student developments are currently returning upto 7% but thats hardly worth bothering with.

Overseas offers much better potential returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen_M View Post
                IMHO Cyprus is not the best place for investment now. What about South of France?
                Why is Cyprus bad? And the south of France good?

It would be useful if you could offer facts and evidence to back up such statements rather than one wod sentences which offer little or nothing in value to the discussion.

Don't take that the wrong way, but facts and evidence are important if the thread is to be taken seriously.

Comment

I live in Dubai and the amrket has significantly corrected, so cheap(er) than it was, however the property cycle has not developed properly here yet, so I would not recommend it unless you know the place and can wait for any future increase indefinitely. Also be aware of desperate sellers out here, who will tell you anything, there is not a full valuation service here it tends to be on what the marketers think... also great variances from area to area in dubai.... I own quite a bit of property in the UK and have lived in the Middle East for 12 years and own nothing, that should speak volumes... alternative market, I would be selective in the UK where you understand the market potentially

Comment

Anywhere outside Eurozone, turkey seems popular at the moment
                    Letting Agents Milton Keynes www.prestigemk.com
                    www.trading-standards-approved.org.uk

Comment

Have you considered Malta?

Over the past years the property market has been growing constantly. With the increase of low cost routes to/from Malta, making it easier for people to visit, and a number of companies setting offices in Malta, the letting and investment market has boomed. The number of people who buy for investment purposes is high encouraged by a healthy rental return of 4% - 5% as well as the overall capital appreciation of the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma View Post
                        According to the article 'Expats warn Britons not to buy property in Spain' in the Telegraph, Spain is not the best place at the moment.

I disagree with the statement, property sales are on the increase, plus with the new Paramount Theme Park set to open in Murcia, Costa Blanca in 2015, this will increase rental potential.. Now the best time to buy in Spain.

Comment

I am sure that Turkey is now rather pleased that its entry into the EC has not been completed. Exchange rates (GBP to TL) are still high after a year and it remains a good market for UK buyers.
                          Here in Didim house prices are lower than in the more established resorts because it is still developing. However, realistically I believe investors should be looking at the medium to long term because resale prices are not going to be good while there are so many new properties available. Those who bought perhaps 5 years ago and looking to sell now are doing well to get back what they paid, as apart from anything else the current exchange rate advantage for buyers is a disadvantage for sellers.
                          Ozsubasi FMS Homes have property for sale in Altinkum, Turkey and surrounding areas.

Comment

Originally posted by tony jones View Post
                            Anywhere outside Eurozone, turkey seems popular at the moment
                            And so is Nepal! Naturally I love Nepal because I am a Nepali. We have a thriving Expat community here and they are all truly happy. Real Estate in tourism is a very good investment. Especially in the mid western trekking tourism hub of Pokhara. Almost half the Hotels, restaurants and food processing plants are for sale or rent. Not because business is bad...its the new Immigration Law of Great Britain that allowed Nepalese Ex Gurkha officers to settle in England and Scotland with their families. There wass a large exodus from their native land and that is Pokhara Valley and the Annapurna Range of Kaski and Lamjung District. They left behind their real estate luxury for sale. It's now the best time! Prices will sky rock after two years when the new regional international Airport Pokhara is opening (that is going under construction right now)
                            Greetings from the foothills of the mighty Himalayas

Comment

we bought a property in Cyprus about three years ago, and its depreciated in value massively. I would recommend staying away from there and buying elsewhere!

I agree with DStewart - keep your money in the UK - great time to buy as everything is cheap and your supporting your economy!

Comment

Working...
                              X