Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property in altinkum/turkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property in altinkum/turkey

Hi every body
    Since the announcement that Turkey will join the EU there has been a frenzy of interest in turkish property-a massive 25% in demand.Compared to the more traditional second home areas like Spain,where the property market has become prohibitivelyexpensive.Turkey is a very exciting prospect and buyers are seeing an excellent return on their investment.
    Purchasing costs are roughly half those of Spain and the Turkish Goverment have removed all Capital GainsTax for foreigners(after 4 years).
    Compare this with 35%in Spain!
    Take into account the very low cost living,the wonderful climate,the countrys charm,vibrant culture and friendly people.
    WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT???????

????????

any body been altinkum /turkey before????

Comment

I think Turkey is potentially very attractive, but the ascension to the EU is by no way assured, especially with France bitterly opposing it. Plus as the gateway to the Middle East it's been suffering somewhat from terror issues, not least the PKK.

Still, it's not as if the IRA killed property values in the UK, and as someone hoping to get to Turkey soon, I'm expecting to see a lot of property potential. Not great, but decent for the long term.

Comment

I've got to say I think it's a great place. Every time I have been it has been thoroughly enjoyable with a great climate, friendly people and it's cheap. But as Brian says membership of the EU is not confirmed but would agree worth looking.

Comment

l live in a village near Altinkum,called Ackbuk for two years now,and haven't looked back,to the hum drum oppressed life back in England.l can say the move l made,was a gamble,since l never been to Turkey in my life,but it paid off,with a far better quality of life.
          l also used to live in Altinkum,when l first came here,but moved on to the place l'm in now,l do have a 2 bed apartment for sale,near the marina and beach with its great nightlife,anyone wishes to know more please contact me for more info

Comment

Working...
          X