Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a good time to invest in USA (Florida)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a good time to invest in USA (Florida)

Is it a good time to invest in USA? to be more precise Orlando, Florida.
    The property market has taken a huge downward plunge and the dollar is at a great rate for us in the UK do you think it is wise to start to invest there?

Probably not:
    Florida and California top US investment risk list

Property in Florida tops a list of investment risk areas, with areas of California close after, in a study conducted on the US real estate market published by Forbes.

Miami and Orlando are two cities in Florida that topped the risk list, with Californian cities Sacramento, San Francisco, and San Diego, taking 3rd, 4th, and 5th place respectively.

Comment

Sunny Sarasota

Originally posted by graham View Post
      Is it a good time to invest in USA? to be more precise Orlando, Florida.
      The property market has taken a huge downward plunge and the dollar is at a great rate for us in the UK do you think it is wise to start to invest there?
      There is no better time to buy here in Florida than right now. Our market has done all of the downward adjusting possible, and the amateur investors who sent it into a tailspin are completely gone. Your pound is quite strong against our dollar, as you say.

I guess the only things to ask yourself are how you feel about having a minimum of 265 picture postcard days each year, and if you would have a problem paying less than half of what you are paying now to fuel up your car? Does it worry you that we're voting right now on whether we want to pay either 6 or 7 percent sales tax (I think you all call it VAT)? I strongly reccommend the west coast - Sarasota area to be specific. Miliken Institutes identified this area as #16 of the top 200 performing metropolitan economies this year, and our beaches are rated among the best in the world!

Comment

Sorry, monica, but there's a good chance we haven't at all seen the bottom of the US real estate market, especially in Florida where there is a high rate of mortgage risk as per my link above.

Comment

graham
          are you specifically interested in Orlando
          I know of a good investment project in Tennessee.
          5% deposit (into escrow), positive cashflow from day 1 (per several banks), waterpark resort next to 36 holes golf, convention centre, shopping and entertainment complex.

Are you interested?

I have arranged for the sales and marketing team to give a webcast to Uk buyers next week

garydove

Comment

If not US what would you recommend?
            http://www.bestmortgage-refinancing.us/

Comment

Germany seems to be gathering quite a bit of press lately as a destination to invest in, particularly Berlin. Strong rental market, good-ish economy etc... Otherwise, property buying is the same as the UK - location, location, location - if you buy right in the right area anywhere can be a good investment spot.

Comment

I a interested in Berlin, I have heard that it is one of the largest rental cities in the world. The house prices are good too, I have been told of a two bedroom apartment just outside the city for £33500 mark. Plenty of renters but there is a high tax. anyone know about the tax?

Comment

Germany is one of the more steady investment markets, but again, research your area - Europe in general is coming out of a property price boom so investors looking for returns in the short-term could find themselves seriously out of pocket.

Comment

Working...
                  X