Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financing an investment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing an investment?

Hi, am new to overseas property investment.

I am in the early stages and am doing a lot of research.

My question is this. I have a relatively small mortgage on my home here in the uk, and currently a lot of equity (approx. £200K). Lots of people keep telling me i am in a good position to invest in property. Am I ? Is using equity in your home, in order to finance an overseas property investment, a wise idea ?

And also, can anyone give me a basic illustration of how the finance would work, what i would pay, when, how much per month etc etc, so i can get a real rough idea on how the costs etc would pan out.

Possibly you are - but once you use that equity to buy investment property, you're buying into risk. There's a lot of uncertainty about the UK property market at present, and frankly I'd advise a lot of caution.

If you were to insist on property investment, you may actually find some areas abroad may work out better for you - a nice holiday location with accomodation you could rent out to a property management company...

But again, some regions offer more long-term growth than others. Europe in general is probably at the end of its property cycle, meaning tougher times ahead - though areas such as south Asia and South America have seen a lot of recent growth - the last of the global property markets some might say.

Comment

I would agree about buying abroad rather than in the uk at the moment, seems a sfer bet and its nice to have a place in the sun for weekends as a bonus
      www.gekkoportugal.com
      A guide to buying property in Portugal
      www.chavetejo.com
      INCI Estate Agents, AMI 7856

Comment

Working...
      X