Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling part ownership of house in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling part ownership of house in Italy

Hi, my wife who is a British citizen and lives in the UK was left a small share of a property in Italy. The family in Italy now wish to sell the house and her uncle who is an Italian citizen has offered to act on my wife`s behalf as she is unable to go to Italy and present herself in person and sign the necessary forms.
    Her uncle has asked her to provide him with a written legal authority to enable him to carry out transactions for her.
    What I would like to know is what written legal authority would be acceptable in Italy and what else she would have to provide and where would she get this done. Also would this have to be translated at an Italian consulate into Italian?
    Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Re: Selling part ownership of house in Italy

With the help of the Italian consulate I now have all the answers that I require.
    So if the moderators wish to close this topic I have no objection.

Comment

Re: Selling part ownership of house in Italy

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Comment

Working...
      X