Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Portugal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Portugal

I think Portugal is still a great place to buy if your thinking of buying abroad, although the prices in the central region of the country are going steadily up, there are still some bargains to be found, some great farm houses and cottages near us from as little as 20,000 euros, with restored houses nearby going for over 150,000 euros. so there is a lot of potential, weve been looking around trying to find some more restoration projects for ourselves although there are a lot on offer finding the right one with great views good access etc. takes a little effort.
    we have lived in Central Portugal for over two years and are always in and out esate agents, talking to the locals and builders trying to find out whats for sale or about to come on the market. we have gained a good knowledge of the local property market which helps when looking around.A lot of our friends have also been buying places around us, not always ruins to rebuild sometimes newbuids which are also pretty good value if you get in with the builder before it goes up for sale officially
    Last edited by omostra06; 11-12-2007, 12:51 PM. Reason: .
    www.gekkoportugal.com
    A guide to buying property in Portugal
    www.chavetejo.com
    INCI Estate Agents, AMI 7856

A friend of mine is interested in a property over in Central Portugal, however, it is going for only 12,000 euros. Is this a bargain or is there bound to be catches along the way?

Comment

well it does depend where it is there are some areas that you can get a reasonable house for that money, although they may be a bit remote. there are some good bargains around if you take the time to look around and talk to the locals
      www.gekkoportugal.com
      www.chavetejo.com

Comment

some good updated info on living, working and buying property in central Portugal on....

GekkoPortugal: A guide to Living, working and buying property in Central Portugal

anyone that needs any advise on the region just drop me an email.....be glad to help if i can
        www.gekkoportugal.com
        www.chavetejo.com

Comment

I agree I think Portugal in the right areas is super cheap and very nice.

Comment

There seems to have been a big increase in interest in Central Portugal this year, I think people are starting to discover the area and the great property prices.
            www.gekkoportugal.com
            www.chavetejo.com

Comment

just an update on central portugal...
              over the last couple of months weve seen an increase in prices, mostly in the lower end price bracket.under 70,000 euros, cottages, farmhouses etc, requiring restoration are moving up in value, Fast...
              mostly due to the high demand for this type of property and the supply of good ones disapearing.... its still possible to find a stone cottage in central portugal for 20,000 euros but for this price they will be more remote and have smaller amounts of land.
              www.gekkoportugal.com
              www.chavetejo.com

Comment

The Silver Coast in central Portugal does appear to be the location where overseas developers are targetting quite heavily at this time. There are lots of off plan properties available to buy. Compared to Spain prices do appear to be good.

Comment

The prices of new builds are very good value on the silver coast and even better value just inland,also most new builds are constructed to a very high standard.
                  www.gekkoportugal.com
                  www.chavetejo.com

Comment

Working...
                  X