Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I invest overseas or stay at home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I invest overseas or stay at home?

I bought overseas 10 years ago and have never looked back...the biggest step is to actually 'take the plunge'! My wife and I are happier, healthier and relatively stress free. If you are thinking of doing the same or just want to invest with a view to moving out in the future then please get in touch - we would be happy to help.

Peter Mitry

Certainly I think anyone who had property investments 10 years ago would be laughing right now.

Trouble is, it's seems to have seen a surge in more general investors, and there's a real concern at present that it's going to be difficult for any property currently being developed in the familiar investment countries - France, Spain, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, etc - as being able to offer real investment opportunities anywhere near their previous performance levels.

Possibly I'm naive, but I would be tempted to look more to Asia than Europe.

What do you reckon, Peter?

Comment

Sorry Brian I have been busy and not watching the forum for a few weeks! I would agree with you to a point but no need to go quite so far. I am now investing in Egypt on the Red Sea Coast, near to Hurghada. Sahl Hasheesh is one of the most prominent developments in the Governments program to attract more tourists and more inbound investment ...take a look at the following link this is an impressive project and I am totally convinced getting involved was a wise move. If anyone would like more info contact me and I will be happy to help.
      Last edited by brian; 09-04-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Asia investing

An advantage of Asia is you get your money away from the governments and they lovely new Saving Tax Directive. ie. they tax your money in Europe. Even when you have already paid tax on the income. I think invest in asia, or stick your money in Singapore, or Hong Kong.

Comment

Peter, try not to make any more self-promo link drops, and you may just get to hang around long enough to discuss the matter.

Comment

I know that in Thailand, a foreign national can't actually own property. Are the rest of the countries out that way more friendly to outside owners?

Comment

Originally posted by vicki2 View Post
              I know that in Thailand, a foreign national can't actually own property. Are the rest of the countries out that way more friendly to outside owners?
              Sure they are.
              Moldova.
              I wouldnt like to make a lot of noise reg. it from my very first post, I would be bringing you arguments why is good to invest in Moldova later.

Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                Certainly I think anyone who had property investments 10 years ago would be laughing right now.

Trouble is, it's seems to have seen a surge in more general investors, and there's a real concern at present that it's going to be difficult for any property currently being developed in the familiar investment countries - France, Spain, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, etc - as being able to offer real investment opportunities anywhere near their previous performance levels.

Possibly I'm naive, but I would be tempted to look more to Asia than Europe.

What do you reckon, Peter?
                Asia is a new and up-and-coming market IMO. Very wise words.

Comment

Problem overseas is always the language, conveyancing laws and finding reliable tradesman. I wouldn't go there.

Comment

I would like to have a house overseas to have a place to retire or to spend holidays.
                    http://www.bestmortgage-refinancing.us/

Comment

buying or investing abroad is not for everyone...if your looking for a place to enjoy some sun and take it easy then buying a little place abroad could be a good move, buying to make money takes a bit more work, you have to find the right property in the right place, difficulties like language and local customs, laws etc. are just something that you deal with when doing business in a foreign country...
                      www.gekkoportugal.com
                      A guide to buying property in Portugal
                      www.chavetejo.com
                      INCI Estate Agents, AMI 7856

Comment

Working...
                      X