Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superb investments opportunities in Egypt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb investments opportunities in Egypt

Hi folks,I'm new here but I thought I'd share something;
    I recently visited a developement in Egypt right on the Red sea as part of a visit organised by an agent I know in Spain (Peter Mitry of Mitry Estates ).
    Wow!!! what a place! If you thought the pyramids were good you should see what they're building now! "Saal Hasheesh" is a huge (32 million acres)developement of everything from "super-luxury" villas to studio apartments.
    Apart from the sheer scale of the place and the stunning location surrounded by the Red Sea with its coral reefs and crystal clear waters,THE incredible thing is the prices of the properties,With studios starting around 17,500 GBP This place has to be a great investment opportunity,that means you could buy around ten of these for the price of one in Marbella!!!! AND the beaches are better!
    I know which one I'm going for

Does anybody here have any more info on property in Egypt?

I really want to thank Peter Mitry for showing me this and for organizing a superb inspection trip for myself and several other investors. If anyone wants Peters contact details feel free to PM me.

Anyway Hi,thanks and happy investing

I know someone who used to work with investment property in Egypt, and though I never got to look at them, I'm certainly given the impression that the Red Sea "Riveriera" as it's being called, is being set up for extensive development.

I'm actually considering a holiday in the area, possibly later this year, but doubt I'll be up for any investment opportunities - but will be interesting to see what may come up.

Comment

I think Egypt is too volatile at present to consider purchasing a second home. Safer bets are Morocco and Turkey as both are pro-european and both have stable, forward thinking governments. As always, do your homework carefully before parting with money.

Comment

I would love to go here to visit but I am not to sure that I would really feel safe living there. Not at the moment anyway. Just so much go on in the world right not. It does sound like a great deal. I know people that like to buy places in other countries because you way more for your money.

Comment

YOu can count me out for a couple of reasons ...safety, being the primary one, and resale value. I don't think Egypt is stable enough for me to invest there. Besides, a few more bombings and you couldn't even rent it out!

Comment

Vicki there have been no more bombings in Egypt than in London, Spain, and many more locations including even the far East! The people mostly speak English, they love British visitors and Egypt has been a stabilising influence throughout the entire middle East region. It has a growing economy and is investing heavily in attracting more tourism and inward investment. Add to this the 365 days of sunshine, zero rainfall, fabulous beaches and crystal clear waters with amazing marine life and it is not surprising that the property market is set to take off. There are few opportunities these days for investors to get in at the beginning of a boom market but in my opinion Egypt is definately a leading contender. If anyone would like to know more just take a look at what is happening at Sahl Hasheesh, near to Hurghada. This brand new resort is world class and you can still buy a front line beach apartment for 100,000 pounds sterling!

I have bought multiple properties here and capital growth is currently in excess of 30% per annum.
            It would be good to hear from fellow investors who have had a similar experience...

Peter Mitry
            Last edited by brian; 12-04-2007, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Vicki there have been no more bombings in Egypt that in UK, Spain and many other places in the world. If we all though that way we wouldn't get out of bed in the mornings! The Egyptian people are amongst the most friendly you will find anywhere and many of them speak English. I have no hesitation in recommending Egypt for investment and would be happy to answer any questions you may have...

Peter Mitry

Comment

We have lots of things here and are bullish on Egypt. Dc

Email me if you would like to know more.

Comment

We are currently thinking of buying a property in Sharm, any body know of any draw backs that we would come across? Also we have heard of the government considering bringing in a tax on property abroad, has anyone else come across this? I think they'd tax the air given half a chance.

Comment

I would love to have a home abroad, but don't see it happening any time in the near future. Egypt would be someplace I might consider for a visit, but I don't know if I'd want to live there, as I've never been before. I guess if I fell in love with the country and people, I'd consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Mitry View Post
                      Hi Vicki there have been no more bombings in Egypt that in UK, Spain and many other places in the world. If we all though that way we wouldn't get out of bed in the mornings! The Egyptian people are amongst the most friendly you will find anywhere and many of them speak English. I have no hesitation in recommending Egypt for investment and would be happy to answer any questions you may have...

Peter Mitry
                      YOu weren't living in NYC the day the World Trade Center was bombed. I was and it changes the way you think about where you live. I've visited Egypt and while it was a nice enough holiday, as an American, I wouldn't think of moving to that part of the world right now. Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X