Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying in Bulgaria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying in Bulgaria

Hi
    What do you think about buying properties in Bulgaria? Please share your opinion or experience.

Currently renting in bulgaria. I have found the country very appealing, there are plenty of opportunities to buy properties, and cheap if you find the right ones. Either as an investment or to live. bulgarianpropertiesyambol.com have helped me considerably with my planning to buy a property here.

Comment

Buying in Bulgaria

I think like any country you have to think the reasons you are buying for.

eg. you want an overseas property but can afford France, Spain, Portugal.
      you like skiing? you want a villa butyou have only got 50k ? etc, when you know why you want to buy then you can determine if it is right for you.

bulgaria for investment, true investment, with rental yields. probably not. bulgaria for renovation, if you buy cheap enough
      bulgaria for retirement on fixed income, depends what services you want.

The question has to be precise to get a precise answer. Investment no. Cheap yes. Lifestyle. Possibly.

Comment

Lifestyle possibly?

Lifestyle is not possibly in Bulgaria. It is a dream for people, that don't want to believe that their pension in UK is 30-40 times or more bigger than the pension in Bulgaria (but the prices here are only 2 or 3 times cheaper). Can afford Spain or France? Do you smoke, dude? Go and buy a box in France or UK for 7 EURO, instead of 1 EURO in my country. Can afford that? Great. Can you afford to pay 20-30 years a mortgage for a mice-hole apartment, instead of buying a little house (and a yard, of course) in Bulgaria, for almost your month installment? Can afford that, too? Do you know what is to own your own villa, in a small village, to make renovations on your own mind? My beautiful country is not for hungry-for-money quick investments. It is a place for quiet healthy living on cheap price for foreigners. This is what I call 'Lifestyle". Can afford that?

Originally posted by Goldberg Global View Post
        I think like any country you have to think the reasons you are buying for.

eg. you want an overseas property but can afford France, Spain, Portugal.
        you like skiing? you want a villa butyou have only got 50k ? etc, when you know why you want to buy then you can determine if it is right for you.

bulgaria for investment, true investment, with rental yields. probably not. bulgaria for renovation, if you buy cheap enough
        bulgaria for retirement on fixed income, depends what services you want.

The question has to be precise to get a precise answer. Investment no. Cheap yes. Lifestyle. Possibly.

Comment

More than half of Bulgarians seeking to buy property will use mortgage loans to finance the purchase, a survey commissioned by Raiffeisenbank and carried out by GfK Bulgaria showed, as quoted by Bulgaria news agency (BTA).
          The survey, carried out between January 7 and 15, covered individuals aged between 26 and 55 in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Bourgas, Rousse, Pleven and Stara Zagora.
          Mortgage loans are thus the most popular means of financing, with only 17 per cent planning to pay with their own money, and eight per cent would sign hire-purchase agreements.
          About 5.4 per cent of respondents said that they have used a loan in the last five years and 10.2 per cent said they planned to use one in the next two years.

Comment

Bulgaria was and still is a lucrative property market gaining at least 15% price rize per year.

Still you have to be careful and seek a professional opiniion before signing preliminary contract for the property purchase or transfering the property.

Recently we have come accross quite a few construction dead line delays with off plan properties and peopole who have been legaly consulted by their real estate agents instead of solicitors and are not entitled to delays forfeits.

In other words make sure you have a good solicitor protecting you interest before and during the property purchase.
            Solicitor Verzhiniya Dakova
            Solicitor Bulgaria Ltd
            Bulgarian Solicitors

Comment

Hello from Bulgaria

Hello everybody!I am from Bulgaria,but I lived for a few years in Italy.When I came back I decided to buy an apartment in Sofia.I made a long and exhausting research and finally decided to choose a company that deals with construction and investment - Platinum Investment Group.Have you heard it?Any opinions?

Comment

bulgaria is a pleasant country. it's cheap and it has many opportunities for people. you should first consider what kind of job you want to be doing in bulgaria and also if you want to rent or buy a house. loans are good in bulgaria too!
                http://www.whataboutloans.com

Comment

Was wondering if any one knows of the price of living in bulgaria? and also the exchange rate?

Comment

and also i have heard that the cost of living there ios also very cheap, but in comparison to what?
                    in your opinion where is the ideal location in bulgaria to invest in property for quick profitable sales and renting?

Comment

Originally posted by liu View Post
                      and also i have heard that the cost of living there ios also very cheap, but in comparison to what?
                      in your opinion where is the ideal location in bulgaria to invest in property for quick profitable sales and renting?

Well the exchange rate at the moment is 2.4 BGL for 1 GBP
                      Here are some prices:
                      Petrol - 2.3 BGL / ltr.
                      bear - 1.5 BGL / 1 Ltr bottle
                      Coca Cola - 1.8 BGL / 2 ltr bottle
                      A meal at a normal restaurant would cost 7 - 9 BGL a person with drinks
                      A meal at expensive restaurant would cost 20 - 25 BGL a person with drinks
                      Electricity bill - 50 - 60 BGL a month
                      Water bill - 15 - 20 BGL a month
                      For a good living you will need 1 000 - 1 500 BGL a month

Hope this gives you an idea
                      You are welcome to contact me with any additional questions

Comment

Bulgaria is the cheapest European country so the credit crunch will draw more people there. Many areas in Bulgaria are over developed (Bansko and the coast), under developed and dodgy (Borovets) or over priced (Sofia). However, check out Pamporovo - it is the most southern mountain resort in Europe, an hour from the Greek border and 1.5 hours from the White Seas coast. It has a meditteranean climate, so great skiing and great summers. this means that if you buy a property there you get all year round rental returns. Then there is the Super Perelik Project that will link two peaks to create 217 km of ski runs, and small airport, a golf course, and will make it the most popular resort in Bulgaria. The area has a protection order on it so there is limited development allowed...which avoids overdevelopment!
                        Check out the Palaz - the highest development on piste. Check out a company called No More Hotels.

Also Check out this news story : The Sunday Times, 16th March 2008...
                        Knight Frank’s latest quarterly Global Property Index, made available
                        exclusively to The Sunday Times, shows that prices in many parts of the
                        world are still rising at a considerable rate — and, in some cases, have
                        even been accelerating. The list is headed by Bulgaria, where prices rose
                        34% last year, compared with 17.4% in 2006

Comment

A Good place to invest in Bulgaria is topola

Comment

hello there, i am Bulgarian and i am working as a broker in one of the biggest real estate companies in Bulgaria. So my opinion is that still a lot of foreign people prefer to buy something in Bulgaria for many reasons: firs - the price of the properties are still verry low ( espetially agricultural lands), second: only last year we have more than 100% increasing of the prices in some of the regions as a Bourgas, Yambol etc. ( so buying in Bulgaria is a good investment), alos it is quet, peacefull, offer tranquility, lovelly people and cheap government taxes. So thinck about it but If i am foreigner i look after the property market and i will find a good agent to represent me in the country and i will buy some. Cheerz.
                            REAL ESTATE BROKER DEFINITION

A person licensed to arrange the buying and selling of real estate for a fee.

Comment

Working...
                            X