Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romanian off plan property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romanian off plan property

Hi all,

At the end of last year I went to Romania to look at an off plan development in Bucharest. I signed up and paid the reservation deposit, with first installment of 25% due in three months time. This payment has been delayed due to a change in the VAT regime. It is now been 7 months and I still havent been requested to pay it but the agent has indicated it will be due at the end of this month.

Since the time I signed up last year to now the prices have not moved and there are still apartments in this development available.

I am starting to get a little bit nervous that i have signed up to a bad investment and am thinking I walk away and cut my loses before risking anymore money.

Does anyone have any opinions on Romania and should I have expected a price shift since the developement was initiated?

many thanks,

Nicko

Speak to your lawyer. They will advise you.
    If you had no lawyer then get one. And get your agent to refund your money if you used one. from the developer.
    If you need a lawyer go to Chambers and Partners a free legal guide you can find on the internet type in google chambers and partners and choose one that deals with Romania. All are good. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X