Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egypt - Hurghada or Sharm, where would you buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - Hurghada or Sharm, where would you buy?

Egpyt - where would you buy?
    www.colourcapital.com/property-investment-blog

Hurghada for sure! Beautiful place.
    Universal Property Agents - Property Investment Forum

Comment

Hurghada has free hold status. Sharm is all lease hold.

It depends on what you like of course.

Comment

I went to Egypt last year to sham el shierik , a lovely town.
        There were some off plan villa going for about £60,000 with a private pool.
        You have to be careful with the property law out their.
        I had some clients who were buying an apartment and it took them a year to finally get the deeds in to their names
        Email address: [email protected]
        Site: www.property-relocate.com

Comment

Hurghada or Sharm

More often than not our users are looking at Hurghada more than Sharm, however Sharm is not to be dismissed.

Comment

I had the same problem and choose Hurghada, they are some superb investment out there to purchase. Sharm was good but the lease hold put me off and when i want to hurghada. I look around lots of development and purchased in Coral Sea Pearl via international dreams they will ready helpful and sorted everything out for me. I am look at the poss of purchasing another in the Pearl Vista development that they have recommend to me as it looks supern and is only £20,900 for an apartment

Comment

Hi All,

I visited Sharm El Shiekh around 2 years ago with my parents. I'ts such a lovely place, we also went over to Hurghada for the day. As the comment says above you've deffinately got to be careful when looking to invest over there because of the laws. Personally i think Sharm is a much quieter little town than Hurghada, it reminds me of an English country side where you have to travel afew minutes by car to the center. Because im 25 i'd probably prefer Hurghada because its alot more lively. But both villages have lovely beaches and friendly people so it all depends on what kind of investment your looking for and at what price!

Regards
              Sally

Comment

hi guy intresting topic.what are the egypt people like? can any one tell me thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by boomsheeva View Post
                  hi guy intresting topic.what are the egypt people like? can any one tell me thanks?
                  In Each Country you find bad people and good people but in Egypt here people are nice, kind, liketo help but you have to use your mind as well to know who is good and who is bad

Regards
                  George

Comment

Originally posted by boomsheeva View Post
                    Originally posted by RealEstateMart View Post
                    In Each Country you find bad people and good people but in Egypt here people are nice, kind, liketo help but you have to use your mind as well to know who is good and who is bad

Regards
                    George
                    Every Egyptian is either trying to sell you something or beg for money.

The moment you step off the place, people hold out their hands for money from the smaller acts. Someone offers you a trolley for your baggage then holds out their hand for bakeesh.

The scary thing is how common it is - even the police are in on it. I found that genuinely frightening.

While ordinary Egypts probably won't hurt a tourist fly, they'll try and find a 101 ways to scam your money off you.

The tourist shops are a joke as well - most everything is made of resin or plastic, but they'll still claim it as bronze.

I just hate the lies and outright corruption. Egypt would be great without Egyptians, ironically.

Comment

Hurghada

I would buy in Hurghada, as these are freehold properties and you can find some developments with guaranteed rentals. I have not been in the are myself but the pictures look amazing!

Comment

Hurghada.......... Good or Bad!!!!!!!!

Hi my names Janice formerly from UK now living and working in Hurghada,Red Sea,Egypt.
                        I have been here for a year and a half now and find in general the people and the city to be one of the most beautiful worldwide.
                        The people like every country have good and bad but the majority are decent hard working people.
                        As in every country there are a minority that give the city a bad reputation but please dont let that put you off the place as a whole.
                        I have never felt as at home or more content than i do out here the local people have helped me without asking for anythin in return and i now am chief editor for a web and graphic design company also joint owner in a real estate company out here so life is pretty good.
                        I hope this changes the view on Hurghada because it really is a beautiful city with very friendly people.

Comment

I loved this post. So true!
                          Anyone care to poston buying property in Hurghada and whether they were scammed by the agent? I was. Agent was the Egyptian British Company.
                          I thought it agood idea to comple a list of dubious agents and good agents with associated horror/good buy stories
                          What I have found here in Hurghada is lack of contac tbetween buyers and moreover, there seems to be no magazine or paper where people can write about their experiences. I would love to put as mmany people off as I can from buying from Egyptian British, who should have been driven out of business long ago by bad publicity, but have no central point of contact
                          Toncarrut

Comment

Egyptian British

Hi toncarrut,
                            I read your post about the Egy British Real Est company with interest as I am about to enter in a similar contract - please could you provide more information about your experience with this company?

Cheers

Comment

Re: Egypt - Hurghada or Sharm, where would you buy?

That post did make me chuckle ..Brian..you described it very well..lol

Taking the poverty into consideration, there are some stunning place in Egypt and for me Sahl Hasheesh is like the Dubai of Egypt with stunning views and amazing Luxury developments.

In time to come Sahl Hasheesh will be a very popular, it just needs a little for infrastructure and it be great.

For property investment Makadi Bay is a great choice.

Thanks
                              The finest Properties in the finest Locations

Overseas Investment Property

Comment

Working...
                              X