Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy investments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy investments

With all the scare mongering in the papers about the credit crunch and banks offering less appealing mortgages, I was curiuos as to where people have got their eyes on for investment? I have heard that Egypt is quite hot at the moment, would you agree? Or do you see some idea BTL opportunities in the UK?

Look forward some needed help!!
    www.colourcapital.com/property-investment-blog

British Columbia, Canada

We bought in Vancouver, British Columbia, a few years ago and have subsequently added to our portfolio (and now moved here from the UK). While Canada is expecting to be hit by the US market, BC is a special case - prices locally have shot up over the past 5 years, but they're still comparatively good value. You can pay $850 psf in Downtown Vancouver - compared with $8000 psf in central London. What's more, the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held here which is boosting a huge amount of construction and infrastructure upgrades, and immigration is bringing about 50,000 new people into the province each year - and they all need somewhere to live. The rental market is tight - with near zero rental vacancies in the urban areas, it is easy to find renters for your properties. What's more, the legal and construction systems here are very well regulated, and very familiar to Brits - no worries about not understanding the system, or translation issues. We have been featured on a website which I can't name as this is my first post (!) but which would tell you exactly how we did it. If you want any more comments on what is happening here, just ask.

Comment

I would recommend Dubai. There are many stories in the media that demonstrate how the credit crunch has benefited the property sector there. It is the fastest appreciating property sector in the world, and the city has had sooooo much investment ploughed into it that it will be booming for a good while yet. You can still get reasonable off-plan property - my friend bought a studio 3 months ago and it has already gone up 5K. He went for a place called Jumeirah Village, which is next to a thing called dubailand - the biggest leisure development in history, 3x the size of Disneyland that will be finished soon. Just look at the price of property in Orlando before and after Disney land was built. It is also next to Sports City - they have just announced Dubai will try for one of the Olympics and they should get it because Sports City is Olympic ready, and they have never hosted an Olympics in the Middle East before. Again, just look at the price of property in East London and how the Olympics has affested that...Check out a company called No More Hotels

Comment

Dubai is the best place to park your money. I live in dubai and working in property market. I have seen people earning good returns in days and months. Lots of great oppertunies are there. BUT this is the right time for investment cause prices are going higher n higher..dont wait..

Comment

go for dubai or spain guys.spanish property deals for me are number 1

Comment

Turkey is the best to invest £300 per week summer rental

Comment

Remember the downtime though with a holiday based rental property, if you only rent 30 weeks of the year thats £173 per week

Comment

Originally posted by gdwebs View Post
                Remember the downtime though with a holiday based rental property, if you only rent 30 weeks of the year thats £173 per week
                Down time is a big factor when investing, and needs to be taken very seriously.

Also, we do have a global crunch on our hands, so be careful where and what you invest in.

Comment

Yes the down time is a big factor but you can aquire winter rental not just as much income. A lot of people look short term rental in the winter.

Comment

I've heard bad stories about Dubai - although I've never really looked deeply into it. It could be a fantastic investment but don't forget to do your homework. I've heard that there might be an overdevelopment of the place. Huge numbers of new builds and not enough people to put into them.

but like I said - I've never looked at it in any depth
                    guinness gifts - clothes for big men

Comment

Interesting to see this comments on the thread - Spain is already in collapse, but not sure if the Dubai bubble has burst yet?

Comment

Bulgaria is the best place, don`t you think so?
                        I can tell you a lot of interesting stories about this beautiful country! Write to me!

Comment

Property investment in Mauritius

We've been looking at buying overseas for some time now and we're now looking at these properties in Mauritius (see Emerald Heights Mauritius). We have searched the internet and read as much as we can on Mauritius but everything we read obviously only promotes the island.

We'd like to know people's thoughts on whether it is a good place to invest as the website suggests. Also any insider knowledge on the island would be appreciated.

PS. Government officials need not respond.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

What about Cyprus? I believe the prices in the Town centres have droped and for sure they will elevate again? Any one got any comments on Cyprus?

Comment

Portugal has always been a great place for property, there are still some great bargains around, especially away from the tourist regions.
                              Take a look at some of the properties and prices here.
                              Chavetejo Estate Agents: Property for Sale and rent in Central Portugal: Quintas, Villas, Houses, Farms, Casas, Cottages, Building Plots, Renovation Projects
                              www.gekkoportugal.com
                              A guide to buying property in Portugal
                              www.chavetejo.com
                              INCI Estate Agents, AMI 7856

Comment

Working...
                              X