Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First-time buyers look to overseas property markets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First-time buyers look to overseas property markets

Research from financial website, fairinvestment.co.uk, indicates that 44% of Britons would be willing to move abroad in order to get a foot on the property ladder. Eight per cent of respondents to the survey had already made a purchase overseas, making a combined 52% of first-time buyers either prepared to buy overseas or having already [...]

More: First-time buyers look to overseas property markets

i'm first time buyer from London. even i can't buy 1 bed room flat in London in current market situation.
    Clerkenwell Property | London Property

Comment

I am also a soon to be first time buyer and i have to agree with you that buying property in the uk has become almost impossible for a 1stimer.

Comment

Were based in Tomar, Central Portugal and have had first hand experiance of this happening, we recently had two couples from England that had problems getting on the property ladder, so their first house purchase was with us in Central Portugal.
        www.gekkoportugal.com
        A guide to buying property in Portugal
        www.chavetejo.com
        INCI Estate Agents, AMI 7856

Comment

Why not invest in Turkey great investment rental in summer £350 per week

Comment

Re: First-time buyers look to overseas property markets

Yes I have similar experience with younger couples coming out to Bulgaria where they can get a decent house and large plot of land for under 25,000 Euros, much less if they want to do renovations. But you still need to consider how you are going to earn a living in a foreign country, even if you can afford to buy there, you cannot live off thin air.
            Properties for sale in Bulgaria from 4,000 Euros

Comment

True

One does need recurring income to survive after the initial euphoria and the funds vanish

Comment

If the desire it to get on the property ladder I'm not really sure what the benefit of buying abroad is. Surely there are additional fees in the purchase, and to be fair in most places prices have fallen due to the recession. It it was me I would be looking more towards things like co-ownership housing, buying a property with friends, that kind of thing.
                Northern Ireland Property

Comment

I've read a lot of info about that and I agree. There has been a study about that. First-time buyers unable to get on to the property ladder in the UK are investing in property abroad.

Comment

Hello donnaphipps49

could you kindly let me know or post the mentioned study where is made by? or where can I find it?

Regarding property investment, personately I am not sure if it will be a good idea to invest with friends or co-ownership. Cheers

Comment

First-time buyers have to realise that credit comes at a price, if and when they are granted this luxury. Life is all about decisions and most importantly also the timing of these decisions. The world is becoming a global village and it is very important to diversify your asset base and ensure you are taking advantage of other markets. Investors from all over the world are taking advantages of this in all asset classes.
                      Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Comment

Working...
                      X