Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britons shun Spanish coast for fear of bulldozers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britons shun Spanish coast for fear of bulldozers

UK investors are still nervous about buying Spanish property because of the sheer number of corruption and planning scandals that could lead to more illegally built homes being demolished.Figures released last week from the Costa del Sol Association of Constructors and Promoters show a sharp fall in the number of foreign investors purchasing properties on [...]

More: Britons shun Spanish coast for fear of bulldozers

i moved to spain 12years ago and have never had any problems.also i cant say any brits out here that i know have either.people only remember the bad things there are thousands of people living problem free out here.

Comment

Re: Britons shun Spanish coast for fear of bulldozers

Speaking from the beautiful whitewashed village of Mijas on the Costa del Sol i can say that in the south of Spain the "Junta de Andulcia" have now introduced the "Decreto 218" as of the end of 2005 and this has made things more clearer for potential buyers knowing everything prior to even seeing and using a solicitor / lawyer for the purchase process.
      Lets hope this will be the start of a better and legal Spain
      Mijas Real Estate S L Spanish property for sale Costa del Sol property Mijas Fuengirola Spain

Comment

Originally posted by boomsheeva View Post
        i moved to spain 12years ago and have never had any problems.also i cant say any brits out here that i know have either.people only remember the bad things there are thousands of people living problem free out here.
        Just like the economy the sensationalist headlines of newspapers unfortunately affect so many people's perceptions and actions. It's like anywhere, do your due diligence and you should be fine, yes there are a few scare stories but in general people buying in Spain should be fine.
        Northern Ireland Property

Comment

I have lived in Spain for 10 years, and in that time owned several properties, from brand new to very old. As long as you use your brain, ask the local Spanish about where you are going to live, about pitfalls etc, then you should be fine, they are all willing to help. There have been a lot of scaremongering articles in the press, some true, but with good a Gestoria, you can find out about everything to do with the property you plan to buy. Be wary off off plan properties, and always ask to have a copy of the deeds, planning permisions, if new permission de obras (building licence) and certificado de completion de Obras (certificate of completion of building works) also get a copy of the Nota simple which tells you what is owed against the house, and check the Catastral (registration of property).

Comment

I agree with valeriechaplin. Get a lawyer to guide you and do not make the mistake of rushing and to be too emotional in order to run because you love that house or that flat. You will find your place without problems as long as you do not rush and get the paperwork properly done. Ask for every single document without hesitation.... They must be provided without excuses.

Comment

A few years on from this article and the good news is that quite a few of the developments down in the Costa del Sol have been made legal by the local town halls and there is hopefully no future threat that these properties will be affected. Here on the Costa Blanca we have had a few constructors make a mess of things, just expecting licenses to be granted and pushing ahead the building without the correct paperwork, etc. And obviously there are still a few places that you can see shells of half built homes, but it is nothing compared to the Costa del Sol. If you ever drive down the A7 toll road past Fuengirola towards Marbella, you'll see quite a view!!! You always hear about these things in papers and on the news, but it isn't as bad as the story tells. Simply over supply and no demand lol
              Distressed Sales Spain > Spanish Property + 20yr FREE guarantee

Comment

Working...
              X