Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Wilson Homes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wilson Homes

Hi I am thinking about buying a David Wilson home. I have been in talks trying to get money off for 3 weeks now. The house is on the market for 320k. I have tried really hard starting very low but they wouldn't consider anything under 300k. Anyway after being told that 300k is a no deal after I offered that, they then phoned me some 2 weeks later saying they would consider 300k with flooring. I wanted tiled kitchen and bathroom sadly they wont bend that far. I now have been offered the house at 297k and I sort my own flooring out. Just wondered if anyone has any feed back for me from experience. Any help of a better deal or how to play very welcomed. My house is under offer and the new build is not ready till june/july. I will have to go into rented short term to keep my buyer happy.

Re: David Wilson Homes

I am not surprised!
    With Help to Buy they don't need to do deals to get sales.
    In addition, it is only when buying a stock unit near the builders year-end that a deal could be done. Mind you your house is due to be finished at their year end so you could refuse to complete until August unless you get an incentive.

Most sales used to have 3% "negotiables" to give away for a sales but now they don't have to.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
    X